Extreme Pink...

..passionately living life one thought at a time

2.08.2008

Wounds

Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. You believe God, believe also in me..... In the world you will have tribulation, but take heart! I have overcome the world. ~ Jesus Christ

Weighted. That's the only word I can use to express how I feel tonight. A sad, heavy feeling because of what I see around me: wounds. Whether it's hearing it through the phone lines or seeing a desperate face, there are so many I love dearly going through what could be the greatest pains of their lives. I, desperately in turn, want to suck that pain right away from them. To, in place, fill them with a joy and peace that can only be from above. And yet I feel all I can do tonight is pray. And while prayer moves mountains, it hardly seems like enough.

When I think of the word "wounded," I think of a war, a battle. Soliders are brave, trying to push back and fight off the enemy, but then they are hurt, taken down, and, I wonder, in that moment, how do they feel like they can get back up and keep fighting? I know me. If I was wounded in battle, I would stay down and just focus on tending the wound. Wounds can paralyze. It's easier to stay down then to keep marching on.

I'm not one for watching movies filled with blood and violence, but yet, I do love movies about war. I think the heroic sense of the soliders, no matter what they are facing, hold on. Through bullets, bombs, fear and even death, they believe the battle is worth fighting for, so they hold on. They still have hope despite their wounds.

I think I sometimes fall into that false comfort most Christians have at some point and time, ie. "I'm a Christian! Life will only be trial-free!" Don't get me wrong, I do believe God looks out after us; however, Jesus clearly says "You will have tribulation." The wounds are going to come, don't think they won't. But, wow, Jesus continues to say "Take heart!!" (some translations say "take courage" or "be confident"). And why? Because "I have overcome the world! [I have deprived it of power to harm you and have conquered it for you]" (Amplified Version).

I encourage you tonight, no matter what your battle is, no matter what wounds are trying to bring you down, cling to the hope that you already have overcome through Him.

So I leave you with a simple but promised-filled phrase from one of my heros,Winston Churchill: "Never never never give up." Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home